Simply put, bots allow you to execute an automated trading strategy (algorithm) on your connected exchange accounts.
You can select from a number of pre-built strategies which are based on popular technical indicators such as RSI, MACD, and Bollinger Bands. Each bot exposes a set of parameters that can be tweaked per your preference and strategy requirements.
Our built-in backtesting engine enables you to easily simulate the strategy and parameters on historical data to see how it would've fared in different market conditions. Once you've found a winning bot + parameters combination, it's easy to go live - simply press the "Start Live" button and select your exchange to start the bot.
In the near future, more advanced strategies will be introduced, giving you access to more TA indicators, custom logic and risk management parameters. And if you're a programmer and want to code your strategy from scratch - we've got something exciting coming soon.
Here are a few things to note when running bots:
- Each bot is run in a secure, isolated environment, and is not aware of other bots
- Bots will not touch existing holdings/positions or orders, which means you can continue to trade manually as well. However, be sure to keep a sufficient balance for the quote currency of the markets being traded so that the bot has enough funds to trade with.
- Bots will spend up to, but not more than the starting capital you specify
- If a live bot is turned off, any open orders or positions must be manually managed
- Buy/sell/hold decisions are made at the close of the selected candle timeframe. For example, if the candle time frame is 5 Minute, the bot will execute actions at 12:04:59, 12:09:59, 12:14:59 and so on every 5 minutes. Similarly, when timeframe is set to Daily, the bot will evaluate the signals once every 24 hours.
- When multiple backtests are run, the results from the latest backtest are shown
- Logs are helpful in keeping an eye on what the bot is doing and troubleshooting any issues with live or backtest runs
If you still have questions about bots, please reach out to us via live chat or email email@example.com